As a lifelong North Shore resident and Community Advocate, I want to be your next Register of Deeds because I believe strongly in producing a government that serves you, the voter, tax payer, and homeowner. Unfortunately, the management of the Registry has become too politicized under the current Register. Register of Deeds John O'Brien has for years illegally obtained Registry employee addresses and solicited his employees for campaign donations, which is a conflict of interest. OCPF reprimanded O'Brien for this violation of the conflict of interest laws. You can read the article here:
Register John O'Brien faulted for Conflict of Interest ethics violations, illegally obtained employee info to solicit donations.
To read the letter from OCPF to Register John O'Brien, go to:
Jonathan Ring to Challenge O'Brien for Register Seat; Voters reminded of O'Brien's campaign ethics violations, conflicts of interest in office.
John O'Brien has used the Registry website as a political blog post, and he has used his office to pursue political activity with no tangible result to show for it. I believe it is time to depoliticize this office, remove all conflicts of interest (i.e. prohibiting registry employees from donating to their employer), and limit the actions of the Register to the management of Registry of Deeds, and advocacy of issues that will improve the functioning and service of this office that tax payers and homeowners depend on. I will work toward these goals, and I appreciate your vote on election day!
As your Register, I will
* Focus on Customer service and be supportive of good employees.
* Fight to end conflicts of interest in the management of the Registry office.
* Push for a law that prohibits registry employees from donating to Register candidates.
* Term Limit myself for this office (2 terms).
The Registry of Deeds Essex Southern District includes the following towns:
Amesbury, Beverly, Boxford, Danvers, Essex, Georgetown, Gloucester, Groveland, Hamilton, Haverhill, Ipswich, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester, Marblehead, Merrimac, Middleton, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, Peabody, Rockport, Rowley, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, Swampscott, Topsfield, Wenham, and West Newbury.
Election Day: Tuesday, November 6th, 2018.
To learn more about Jonathan Ring you can go to http://www.jonathanring.org/about-1.html.
· Rockport Housing Authority (2016 – Present)
· Rockport Board of Registrars (2014 – 2016)
· Rockport Historical District Commission (2008 – 2013)
Educational and Professional
· UPS Store Sales Associate, Notary, and Certified Operator.
· Bachelor of Science in Political Science, Salem State University.
· Certificate in Legal office support, North Shore Community College.
· Certificate in Essentials for HR Management, Society for Human Resource Management.
· Audited Ethics in Business class, Gordon Conwell-Seminary.
· Member of the Cape Ann Sportsman Club, Gloucester.
· Life-long resident of Rockport, Massachusetts.
· Mom is a Portuguese immigrant, Dad was a life-long Rockport resident.
· Brother is an EMT, Fire Fighter, and works for DCR.
· Big Portuguese family on my Mom’s side.
for Register of Deeds, Essex Southern District
Copyright © Committee to Elect Jonathan Ring. All Rights Reserved.